Boost TX (Stiga)
out of 5
1 user review
0 forum posts
Boost TX is one of the fastest rubber sheets Stiga has ever produced. It is very bouncy and gives a tremendous catapult effect with Stiga's sponge formula TTS Trans Tension Sponge.
Boost TX (Tension eXcelleration) is the answer for the player who wants to achieve optimum acceleration without speed glue, because of its outstanding combination of speed and spin. Trans Tension Sponge TTS generates maximum tension, and it provides high acceleration returns for a fast spin and speed game. The sponge has medium hardness, in between the hardness of Boost TC and Boost TP. Boost TX is recommended for highly trained attackers with good technical know-how.
The Boost series includes 4 rubbers: Boost TS, Boost TC, Boost TP and Boost TX. Each Boost rubber has special characteristics to suit your game and your expectations for a rubber. All Boost rubbers have built-in speed glue effect and generate tremendous power and spin. The trajectory is phenomenal and the feeling is like playing with speed glue.
Average user rating from: 1 user
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Thursday, 14 April 2011
Written by AllezCho - Top 50 reviewer - View all my reviews
The TX is the medium-hard variant of the Stiga Boost series, rubbers designed to imitate the speed-glue effect with their tensioned sponge. The structure of this rubber is not the same formula as Tenergy and its clones. So if you are looking for an alternative to Tenergy but with the spring sponge feel, I recommend looking elsewhere. Personally, this is my favorite rubber to use on the backhand for its stability and power, but also the good mix of hardness and feel. It also has a surprisingly long life and is very durable.
- Medium-hard sponge allows for greater versatility; lots of potential for power but lots of control for touch shots
- Very good pop/click and overall speed-glue effect
- Topsheet grip allows for effortless production of spin, but also easy reception of opponent's spin
- Medium-low throw angle, but its mechanical spin potential makes high arc looping effortless
- One of the lightest new generation rubbers
- The topsheet begins to look dirty very quickly; the good news is that it only "looks" dirty and it plays the same as a brand new sheet. In fact, it is even more durable than most other speed-glue effect rubbers.
I don't have many negatives about this rubber. Currently, it is my top choice for my backhand. I recommend it to everyone looking for an amazing rubber that has a perfect mix of power, spin, and hardness. It's not too expensive, and it's very durable. Try it, and you won't regret it.
Results 1 - 1 of 1