Register

Login
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: tuning rubber?
tuning rubber? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
ive heard of the chinese playing with tuned rubbers after the glue ban but apparently you can tune your own rubber? how does it work? anyone?
palu83xoo
palu83xoo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:tuning rubber? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
some companies are making rubbers that are tuned from the factory (i.e. the haifu blue whale II factory tuned), basically they add some special glue or something that like tunes it, not quite sure how it works but as of right now i think its legal

I guess you can use some booster, cuz although it is illegal, it is made without VOCs still, so there is virtually no way to prove that someone has used booster

and btw, at home, there is some kind of oil that is pretty much what VOC free boosters are made out of, so you can use that too
t3h anarchist
t3h anarchist
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:tuning rubber? 15 Years ago Karma: 0
I agree with above ,all tuners, boosters, speed glue are banned unless they are applied by the factory and are VOC free. although nobody can find it out indeed if you did use it most of the time.
But i would think that if no one uses it it would not be fairplay to do so yourself
elmo51
elmo51
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There is a way of testing if VOCs are used or not. At UK grand prix and other national tournaments they use some sort of box which you put the bat in for a couple of minutes and it senses if there are any VOCs. This is really sensetive and will even detect any cleaner which contains VOCs or even if you recently used super glue on a broken handle (which I saw somebody had to use a spare bat for).
Tenergy 05 is supposed to be a good replacement for speed glue and replaces Butterfly's 'High Tune' series which got banned.
Most rubbers to replace speed glue just use tensor technology which is supposed to be as good, but nothing feels the same to be honest even with Butterfly's Optimizer One.
philm87
philm87
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

tuners are usually VOC free and do not get detected in those box thingies

so agreed, it is a fair play kind of morality
t3h anarchist
t3h anarchist
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:tuning rubber? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
many chiense players are using factory tuned rubbers, i dont really get what's the difference

just like all the others sed, tuning is one of those things that is against the rules but youi really can not get caught unless you do right in front of an umpire
but they definitely work, adds a great pop!
neversolis
neversolis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Copyright © 2010 TableTennisRatings.com