Register

Login
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Best site for Tenergy if you live in North America
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Best site for Tenergy if you live in North America
Best site for Tenergy if you live in North America 13 Years ago Karma: 2
The last order of Tenergy I made was May of last year, from Dandoy Sports. The price was unbelievable - about CAD 40 each! Compare that to the $65 that it is these days.

I heard that they don't ship Butterfly products any longer to North America, so I put that to the test tonight. Here's the message on their site:

Due to the new General Terms & Conditions by company Tamasu Butterfly Europe it is not allowed any more to deliver any Butterfly rubber sheets and blades to countries that are not part of the European Economic Area.

Well, considering the current price of Tenergy, I might not care so much. But what is the best online retailer to buy it from these days? I haven't really started searching yet, as I'm not quite in need of new rubbers just yet.
admin
admin
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Best site for Tenergy if you live in North America 13 Years ago Karma: 0
As far as I know, Butterfly is becoming really strict on what price retailers can sell their stuff at. So I doubt you can find something in NA that sells Tenergy for much less than $73.99. Before they shut down, TTPioneers used to have a lot of great deals and special offers. I got my two sheets of Tenergy from them in the summer for about $40 each. But as of now, I haven't really seen any place that sells it cheap. Good luck on your search though!

As for me, I'm looking for cheaper, and better alternatives. Just out of curiosity, what rubber are you currently using?
AllezCho
AllezCho
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Allez Cho!

Re:Best site for Tenergy if you live in North America 13 Years ago Karma: 2
Cheaper and better alternatives are always good.

I just wish one of the other manufacturers could produce something that is truly at least as good as Bty's rubbers. We already have certain manufacturers (e.g. Darker) that produce fine crafted blades, but the competition's rubbers are still not as great, unfortunately. Maybe in due time.

Here is my current setup:

Blade: Iolite NEO
FH: Tenergy 25 2.1
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1

(I have to fix it so that you can update your profile/signature...)
admin
admin
Admin
graph

I gave up new Tenergy except used one I buy for my backhand. I have gone back to BW2 on my forehand. It should feel similar to your T25 if you decide to let it go, but just get the national version.(Of course I also upgraded my blade)
tt2u
tt2u
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

admin wrote:
Cheaper and better alternatives are always good.

I just wish one of the other manufacturers could produce something that is truly at least as good as Bty's rubbers. We already have certain manufacturers (e.g. Darker) that produce fine crafted blades, but the competition's rubbers are still not as great, unfortunately. Maybe in due time.

Here is my current setup:

Blade: Iolite NEO
FH: Tenergy 25 2.1
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1

(I have to fix it so that you can update your profile/signature...)

If you want a rubber with a similar feel, the closest you could get is something like Tibhar Genius, Joola X-Plode, Andro Hexer, etc.

But from what I've heard, one of the best rubbers in the market at the moment is Stiga Calibra LT, even though it doesn't have the same feel as Tenergy. I'm interesting in trying it soon, since it sounds like a more durable, faster, and grippier (in short, an updated version) of Stiga Boost, which is currently one of my favorite rubbers.
AllezCho
AllezCho
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Allez Cho!

Re:Best site for Tenergy if you live in North America 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
for a long time, butterfly has been in the forefront of coming with new products. and you can be sure that it is the result of research.
and research requires a lot of investment. that is why butterfly rubbers and blades are expensive.
in fact, even their other products like shoes, bags, balls have VISIBLY higher or finer quality than the competition.
at the club, the only complaint about quality i have heard against butterfly is their rubber "catapult".
the other complaint is cost.
but in the end, if you want the best, you need to pay. if not, settle for something else!
dadsky
dadsky
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Copyright © 2010 TableTennisRatings.com